When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way— Wayne Dyer


A saree for amma

Saree, so wonderful, so beautiful
The quintessential Indian garment
A long piece of cloth, that you just drape
Looks lovely on a woman of any size or shape
No buttons, no zippers, no strings for you
Oh saree you're a free bird, it's true!
Soft and flowy, rich and colorful
Empowering and feminine, you're bold and graceful!
From the first time I saw my amma , you were there too
Every time I hugged her, I hugged you too!
You'd like to think you made her beautiful, I know you do
In reality, it was the other way round, I wish you knew!
Buying her a saree was always a joy so dear
The priceless expression on her face, brought to my eyes, a tear!
Today, I am here saree, and there's so many of you!
But where is my darling that breathed life into you?
Every time I see a pretty saree, I search for her in vain
I swallow invisible shards of glass, I know, you realize my pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment