When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way— Wayne Dyer


Tomorrow will be beautiful!


I used to think my life was mundane,
Now it's unnerving and shockingly insane!
I am home, with family, sheltered in place
My mind is restless, thoughts race overwhelmingly through endless space!

My life had so far, been more or less a smooth ride
Teeming with problems, but nothing had broken its stride
Now, so many lives lost, so many dying and sick
Did we bring this upon ourselves, or is it God's cruel trick?

We were so busy, life was crazy, with no time to spare
Now we fear to step outside, it could be in the air
A microscopic virus that can't live without a host
Has us rethink what's truly valuable, what we cherish most

I was always mired in life's challenges and myriad struggles
Now I appreciate my children's silliness, their grins and giggles
Health, family time, and rest were put on the back burner
But life is the best teacher, the ultimate page turner

Humanity has tided over war, disease and famine
The human spirit is stronger than anyone can imagine
It'll prevail, it'll endure and this too shall pass
I am praying, I am hoping, we'll conquer this impasse

No comments:

Post a Comment