When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way— Wayne Dyer


Of priorities and scheduling

I read this in the signature line of someone's email
'There are 24 hours in a day, if you think this is insufficient for you to do all your tasks, you should consider working at night!' I laughed hard when I first read this. In a silly sort of way I found it funny.
I know there are many people out there who're much busier than me, have many more responsibilities to juggle, have less help and more trying life situations. But why does everyday life as a working mom of a toddler, trying hard to cook one healthy hot meal for her family per day, keeping the clutter at home to a sane level, coaxing and cajoling the little one to eat 3-4 spoonfuls per meal and managing a host of other sundries seem like a feat? Throw into this mix, weightloss efforts - read cracked wheat for me, white rice for husband and daughter ; brisk 45 min walk for me, splashing in the pool, bonding for them ; pastries for them while watching TV as I try to appear stoical munching on a handful of unsalted almonds.
All in a day's work is archaic! Like the quote says, working at night is the only way to get a grasp of timelines. Why else am I sitting here blogging at 11:00 in the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment