When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way— Wayne Dyer


DeeDee moments

* My daughter has never heard of or watched the movie, Titanic. But she and I have become like that young romantic couple from the movie - Rose and Jack ( the characters played by Kate Winslet and Leonardo Dicaprio), in that, she seems to follow the 'you jump, I jump' philosophy. This pertains among a few other things, to sleep. She sleeps when I sleep. Rather, in the effort to make her sleep which easily takes about 45 minutes I end up falling asleep myself. And in the mornings, no matter how sound asleep she is, the moment I am up, she is up. I have tried several ways to have her sleep longer. I pad on both sides with pillows and  wake up as gingerly and sneakily as possible - doesn't work. She has the intuition of an animal that senses a predator from a few miles away.
* She likes to watch Tom and Jerry. I sometimes worry if she's watching too much violence, even if it's only in animation and even if it's never too final. After a severe blow from a heavy skillet that flattens the whole head, the animal will stretch his head up and slap his sides out to recover his face sans any sign of the assault. She explains to me on our ride to day care, " Jerry is the mouse and the cat's name is Toman"
*  She's so dizzy with excitement about her birthday that has already passed a few days ago. To a room full of guests we had over last weekend, she comes and announces - Hey everybody, let's sing happy birthday to me - and actually starts to sing. We all joined in. It's all easy, there's no ego, no disappointment, no gap between expectations and actualizations in a child's life.
* She combs her dad's hair and goes, "Wow dad, you are such a cute pincess"
* When she exclaims, "Amma , I love you!", I usually ask her 'how much?'. The other day, she replied,
"fourteen" ; I said " No, I want more!", to which she shot back, " Okay, eleven-teen". I love that number, in my mind that's a very very big number.

No comments:

Post a Comment