When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way— Wayne Dyer


GIVE ME RED!

We have a maple tree off our family room balcony and another just by our front porch. The leaves have turned a beautiful red. Yes, this is no New England fall color extravaganza, but this is 'Autumn in California'. We spend most of our time at home in our family room-kitchen, the glass sliding door to the balcony forms one entire wall rendering these scarlet beauties a natural mural to this space.
At the crack of dawn, they are a picture of tenderness - they always make me smile as I draw the blinds open. At mid-day the direct rays of the sunlight suffuse the entire room with a nice red glow ; and in the evenings, they have yet another warm aura to them! It's heartwarming to see them gently sway in the breeze. I am not a maple tree starer ( or gazer, or whatever the term is!), but every time I look up, every time I turn my head I can't help but catch a glimpse and let a sigh of admiration! And I am a sucker for crimson!
How true - A thing of beauty is a joy forever!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!
    Did you photograph your family room at different tiems of the day? Would love to see the "natural mural"! :-)

    ReplyDelete