When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way— Wayne Dyer


Daycare drama winds down

After many days of tormenting struggle, today my daughter went into school with a half hearted smile, without tears and actually gave me a hug , a kiss and waved bye to me! Considering what we went through the last three weeks, it feels like warm minestrone or lentil soup ( on a chilly day) for my soul - sorry, being a vegetarian, the expression 'chicken soup for the soul' makes me ill at ease; Its supposed connotations of comfort are lost on me!
I kept repeating to her how exciting her days are at school, the plethora of fun things she gets to do, how nice and caring her teachers are and so on. Eevn though those words never elicited an understanding nod or a 'Okay, ma', their cumulative effect combined with a sense of resignation must have attained fruition! This morning again during our drive I was rehashing the same tunes, when suddenly DD said " Amma, I got a boo-boo on my finger". I seized my chance and told her, her teacher could give her a bandaid, that she should ask for it with a "please". She cottoned to the concept of getting bandaids as I expected and that lubricated the whole effort nicely. I almost could'nt see the light at the end of this tunnel, I was thinking of looking at other care options since the settling down issue had blown out of proportion. It tugs at my heart to say bye to her when she smiles and walks into her classroom happily. To see her cry and struggle in protest is painful beyond words. I have jet lag from all the guilt trip I've been made to take.
So glad the curtains have started to draw down on this drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment