When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way— Wayne Dyer


Day 2

Breakfast : 1 whole wheat sandwich with peanut butter, 1 cup of coffee

midmorning snack : 1 cup of coffee, 1/2 an avacado

lunch : 3 watermelon wedges, 1/2 cup oatmeal with vegetable sambar ( yep, I can eat oatmeal with sambar, rasam and other curries)

evening snack : some baked pita chips with guacamole, 3/4 cup coffee

evening snack 2 : 1 slice of wheat bread with peaut butter before walk at 8:30 pm

Exercise : 60 mins brisk walk from 8:40 to 9:40 pm. That was the first time in the day I could leave the kids to DH and do my physical activity.

Dinner : 3 figs, 1/2 cup oatmeal with lentils curry and some puliyogare gojju on the side. The tart tangy gojju was very satisfying; the remaing 1/2 avacado, some yogurt.

Musings for the day :
Need to plan meals better. Wanted to make a salad today for dinner. Had to take both kids for DD's icecream social prior to school start the following week. Taking care of two kids 24 x 7 leaves me with hardly any time for myself. I am still cooking white rice for the rest of my family.
Thanks to DH for relenting to my insistence and taking the kids to the park while I independently proceeded for my walk. Dinner was late again, need to get that under control.
Was very very tempted to add 1/2 a tea spoon sugar to my coffee this morning, but resisted it.
My sister had to give up sugar when she had gestational diabetes with her second one. After childbirth she hasn't gone back to taking sugar in her coffee and tea, it's been five years now.  My MIL who was prediabetic gave up sugar in her beverages a few years ago. Now her sugar is in the healthy range and even the doctor told her she could add sugar in her coffee. When I asked her why she still continued to not take sugar, she replied saying ' Once I've quit, why go back to it? Today my sugar is under control but by starting to take sugar, what if new issues surface?". I remembered these 2 women, let out a big sigh and ditched the sugar. Giving up sugar in my coffee is undoubtedly the most difficult thing for me. 2 days done!  At roughly about 6 tsps a day, 15 cals a tsp - this works out to be about 8-11lbs of body fat in a year.  With all else remaining as they are, I can easily stand to benefit from not gaining that kind of weight over one year.
   I read a few weight loss success blogs before I go to sleep. Always helps reignite that motivation. Will share a few good ones in my next post!

2 comments: