When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way— Wayne Dyer


Day 5

breakfast : 2 cups coffee
early lunch : quinoa salad with grated carrot, walnuts, avacado, cucumber ; thai curry with lots of veggies eaten as a soup without rice.
evening: watermelon slices, 1 cup coffee
exercise : 60 mins walk
dinner : 2 whole wheat rotis with opu lentils curry

About 3-4 years ago, I once stopped by my co-worker( and very good friend GG - http://g3pedia.blogspot.com/ )'s office. She is a go to resource on almost any topic under the sun - very well read and well informed; It's hard not to be impressed by her wit and dazzling brilliance. Hence I started calling her encyclopedia ; when my friends and I urged her to start a blog, I insisted she aptly name it so and she has. More than anything else she's always ready to help or at least point you in the direction of help promptly!!!
So I mentioned to her that day that the happy hour was going on in full swing with many goodies - brownies and all. She gave a reluctant lip curve and said " I don't want to waste my calories on brownies". Her response surprised me and then it set me thinking. I had never heard someone put it quite that way. As I pondered over it, it made me realize that when you are trying to lose weight or maintain your weight loss, you are on a calorie budget. It's very similar to being on a tight financial budget where you don't have room for impulsive, frivolous purchases. Working on a calorie budget, you only eat what is really meaningful to you, not things you feel 'meh' about. I am not a big dessert person, I am not a big chocolate or ice cream person, not a big fried snacks person but I have let myself become just a 'big person' eating a little bit of things I don't care much about, here and there. So, as I read from somewhere 'Don't put it into your month if it's anything less than a 10 on 10 for you!'
And while on this subject - just like how if finances are tight, you may not want to buy the curtains your mom wants you to buy or the dress your friend wants you to buy, but may be saving money to buy what is close to your heart - in the same way, you may not want to eat a cake, a pastry or a hundred other things, but may want to indulge in one treat you really care for. Friends and family will question you - it's very common to be asked 'Oh, I thought you were dieting' or ' how come you didn't want to eat x, y or z but are eating this?'. Just stay unperturbed and focussed. It's your budget, you control what goes into your mouth!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you might as well enjoy reading the book - change your brain change your body by Dr.Amen. You could get the Synopsis from the web! This book will keep you motivated and sure would enjoy incorporating in life! Its time for me to go for a second round of reading since its been 2 years I last read...Sorry Sujji, I would have loved to join you in this venture, however, I didn't get enough courage to even begin in the first place! Well, I am taking off on vacation tomorrow, & keep us posted anyways! Once again, this is really a good thought & good luck too!!
    Yours Fan-ic:-)

    ReplyDelete