When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way— Wayne Dyer


Days 3 and 4

Day 3:

breakfast : 1 cup coffee, 1 whole wheat sandwich with peanut butter, 1 cup coffee
lunch : 2 whole wheat sandwiches (at the beach) with onions, tomato, avacado and cucumber smeared with peanut butter and a 1 tsp of basil pesto - yumm!!!! , 2 tbsps of pasta I made for the rest of the family
exercise : walked about 2.5 mi on beach sand.
late afternoon : some strawberries
dinner : made rice, rasam and potato curry as DD asked for this. Made quinoa for myself to eat with rasam. Pressure cooker safety valve went kaput, it knocked over the pot of rasam - all in all a huge fiasco! Salvaged some white rice for DH and the kids. Ate watermelon slices, quinoa with potato curry - was dead tired at the end of a day at the beach, followed by cooking, giving a shower to both kids and dealing with the kitchen mess. Was totally let down after losing the rasam.
confession : unending headaches coupled with DS not letting me have 3 hrs of continuous sleep at night led me to have sugar in my coffee. I feel so bad, but sugar in my coffee is letting me carry on with all the other rules. I am going to get a grip on all else and then try again at giving up sugar in my coffee. I read from a weight loss blog about how not to use a setback to stop and go back to old ways. If you eat a handful or a couple of handfuls of chips, don't go all out and eat the whole bag, or put off eating right for the whole weekend or until next month. She says , "If you have a flat tire, you fix it and move on, you don't sit and poke holes in all other tyres".

Day 4 :

breakfast : 2 cups coffee, wheat noodles with vegetables
mid morning snack : 2 figs, some watermelon
lunch : 1 cup of remining wheat noodles with veggies
exercise : 60 mins brisk walk, rest of the family enjoyed hot fries after a walk in the cold breeze- I watched them eat!
evening : 1 1/2 cups coffee
dinner : bhel puri with onions, tomatoes,cucumber,carrot and peas.  Realized after eating a plateful that puffed rice is also a version of rice and hence may have been another violation :-(((

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about all that rasam going waste. It is hard to salvage such a loss at the end of a long tiresome day.

    ReplyDelete